'Better to write twaddle, anything, than nothing at all.'

Fret, fret, fret!!!I must be a real bad writer. Mygola.com had some freelance 'travel writer' position and I had applied for the same since I am passionate about travel and writing about places that I visit. It's a different issue that I don't have the monetary means to travel to all those places that I do want to visit. I assumed that if i get this position, I could research, read and then write about all these exotic locales. But sigh... I got rejected after I gave their 4th entry level tests. There was just a single liner after all that effort and it said, 'you were not selected'.  LOL! Yikes! It hurt my ego a bit. But then I decided that I don't need any golas or gurus when it comes to writing about exotic destinations.  I will read about places that I may never be able to visit in this lifetime and then write about them in my blog. Monetary benefits was not the reason as to why I had applied for the job. So why fret!!! This is my space where I can express myself. I may not speak the 'Queen's English' or write grammatically correct statements. But I get mental satisfaction and peace when I write. That is the priority. Rest is not! So from this month, it's on my 'to-do' list!

Racking my brains on which one to begin on...

Until I decide...


William Hazlitt

'If you write one story, it may be bad; if you write a hundred, you have the odds in your favor.'

Comments

Popular Posts