"A Walk (Journey) to remember" :)

The countdown begins from next week. I have 5 more days to move out from the Organization that I have been working since 2003. It just feels like yesterday, when I had joined this Company. I had to be cajoled by my manager in the previous company to go for the interview. The carrot was that it was being held at Marriott Business Center. I didn't need a bigger bait than that to attend the same. I remember yapping away with the interview team consisting of an American manager and the Indian HR head. It was fun. I never even felt like it was an interview at that time. Since then, it has been one heck of a journey for the last 9.5 years. There were moments of joy, moments of pain, moments when i cried bucketful of tears but it all added up towards being experiences that I will cherish for the entire lifetime. One heck of a bumpy ride!!! Today, I remember past incidents which make me laugh at my own inexperienced and immature behavior. If I had my way, I would surely go and change some of what I did. But what the heck! There's no human that's perfect on this planet. We all learn from our mistakes and move on in life. I have had the opportunity to work with different managers and each experience has been a different one. Some were egoistical, some were humane, some tried to initimidate you, then there were some who tried to take credit for your work, but overall, all of them have moulded my personality in some way or the other. I learned to adjust with different leadership styles. It was a standard joke amongst my colleagues that none of my managers lasted in the company for a long time. They either left, were asked to leave, went to heaven or just weren't around for long. It taught me to be self reliant. I hope that my manager at the new place lasts for atleast some years. LOL! Don't want History to repeat itself all over again. Come to think of it...my manager in the current company has also left as she got a better offer elsewhere..Tee hee! Maybe I am good for all those folks who need a change in life.

I made few friends but loads of acquaintances, in these past years. There were some few close friends who were concerned about my well being and happiness. The rest were those who enquired about  me only if they needed some work to be completed. I am happy that I'd be avoiding these folks in the future but will try to surely keep in touch with those with whom I share an emotional bonding. There are memories which I cherish and which will remain with me forever. These are moments of passion, feelings and thoughts which were shared with those who were at a distance but close to the heart. The Tulips will continue to bloom and the vision of the mirror with the entwined heart will traverse along with me through time immemorial.  The team outings, office events and offsite meetings will be reminders of a journey that ended with time, as latter waits for no one. It brings me to this thought that it's futile to plan your life.  What has to happen will happen. We are mere puppets who dance along with the varied tunes that the universe plays during different periods of time. So enjoy the music while it plays for you!!!

I am in a philosophical mood today. The past few days have been stressful. It's a constant reminder that I am leaving my comfort zone and moving towards an area which I am unfamiliar with. Well..am putting my best foot forward and moving towards that unknown zone. To distract myself, I decided to watch a movie. But my movie choice wasn't the happiest one to view in my melancholic mood. I opted for the movie called, 'a walk to remember'. I wept away to glory after watching some of the emotional moments in the movie. Ahem...I am mostly a cynic when it comes to believing in the emotion called 'love'. I am not too convinced if it really exists. Some day, if I hear the bells ring and music playing in the background, when I meet that someone special, maybe I'd keep my cynical thoughts aside. LOL! Jokes apart, I am happy to watch movies which display the same amongst individuals and also for those who find true love. 'A Walk to Remember' is a 2002 American coming-of-age teen romantic drama film based on the 1999 romance novel of the same name by Nicholas Sparks. I am seriously thinking of buying the book some day. Kind of liked the premise of this book.

So I am mentally preparing myself for this new innings in my life. God knows what more is in store for me! Welcoming them with a smile :)
“In a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” -Warren Buffett


Until my next musing!!!


Some quotes from the book- A Walk to Remember

“Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.”
― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember


“Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Loves is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It dose not take offense and is not resentful. Love take no pleasure in others people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.”

― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember

“Without suffering, there'd be no compassion.”
― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember

Comments

Popular Posts